Last Update: April 7, 2014
This policy is an integral part of the Site Terms of Service and the same terms and definitions will apply to this policy unless otherwise stated.
1. What information we collect and why? We collect data that is required to provide the Services, to constantly improve them and to customize them to your preferences. We do not use the information to reveal your identity and unless you will voluntarily provide us your identifiable information (by sending us an email message for instance), we will not know your identity. We collect information about your use of the Services, including the manner in which you use and interact with the Services and with Commercial Content provided within the Services. Such information includes search queries, requested and referrer URLs, user agent, the IP address that allocated to your machine by an Internet service provider, your browser type and language, the date of your first engagement with the Site and Services and total number of queries and their frequency. We may also collect information about your interaction with Commercial Content such as clicks and impressions. This information enables us to provide you with the Services, to timing their frequency, to constantly improve them and to customize them to your digital environment and preferences.
3. How we use the information? We use the information to provide, maintain and improve the Services (including our algorithm and search results ranking), to develop new features, to be able to offer our users customized services (including relevant Commercial Content), to target new users and to follow interaction with Sponsored Content. The information is processed and used in its aggregated form and allows us to create statistics about the Services usage. In addition, if and when you contact us, we may keep a record of such communication so we will be able to address your request and to get back at you with our response.
4. With whom we may share information about you? We do not share personally identifiable information about you. However we may share non-identifiable information with others for the following purposes:
• We provide the following non-personally identifiable information about your use of the Service to third party service providers. Such information include your machine IP address (to extract your geographic location), user agent, your current URL, your search query and referral URL. This information required so our service providers will be able to provide you with relevant search results and with customized Sponsored Content. Some of these third party providers may have their own privacy policies and we advise you to read them carefully
• If the ownership or management of the Site or Services is transferred to another entity as a result of a merger or an acquisition;
• We may share the information with affiliated companies such as subsidiaries, sister-companies and parent companies to enhance our and our affiliates’ ability to provide and offer our and their services;
• In any event of a legal dispute, or subject to an order of a competent authority;
5. Third Party Advertisers We and the third parties we authorize may receive and store certain types of non-personally identifiable information whenever you interact with us, by using cookies, web beacons and
You may be able to direct your internet browser not to allow cookies and you can typically delete existing cookies from your computer at any time. Please note, however, if you set such browser settings or delete existing cookies then some elements of our website may not function properly or be available to you.
6. Preference Based Advertising We also work with and permit certain third parties, including, but not limited to advertising networks and website analysis firms, to place cookies on your computer or browser when you view, click or otherwise interact with advertisements and sponsored content that are featured on our website. These third party cookies and analogous technology are used to gather non-personally identifiable information about your activities on our website and third party sites you may visit to serve you with advertisements that are relevant to your interests and preferences while you are on third party sites. Some of these third parties participate in the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”), an industry self-regulatory program to give consumers a better understanding of and greater control over ads that are customized based on their online behavior across different web sites. To learn more and make choices about preference-based ads from participating third parties, please visit the DAA website at www.aboutads.info.
7. How do we secure the information? We take great efforts and implement industry standards to protect and secure the information we store. Save for our employees and specific contractors who access the information on a ‘need-to-know’ basis and subject to confidentiality obligations, no one has access to the information. The measures and procedures that we employ substantially reduce the risks of data misuse or leakage, however we cannot guarantee that our systems will be absolutely safe. If you become aware of any potential data breach or security vulnerability, you are requested to contact us immediately, and we will take all measures to investigate the incident and take preventive measures, as required.
8. Important notice about children’s privacy; The Site and Services are not offered for use by minors. We do not intentionally collect information about minors, and if we learn that you are a minor and provided
us your personally identifiable information, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to delete such information from our databases.
We encourage parental monitoring of their children’s online activities. If you are a parent who believes that his minor child used the Services and want his minor child’s information to be deleted, you can contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. User Choice; We value your privacy and want to provide you control over your personal information. We do not collect personally identifiable information unless you will voluntarily provide it to us, and we
will use such information only to address your approach to us. You may notify us that you wish to either review your personal information or delete it, by sending us your request to: email@example.com.
Further, at all times you can choose not to allow us or any third party to collect personally identifiable information about you. You may also choose not to accept cookies or to remove existing cookies, including cookies associated with our services or third party services by using your browser’s settings. However, you should take into account that many of the services or portion of them may not function properly if your cookies are disabled.
11. Contact information: If you have any questions about our Privacy statement, the practices of it or if you feel your privacy has been violated, you may contact our privacy compliance officer, at: firstname.lastname@example.org.